Bali - reflections
I am back from my trip.
Still red eyed from a lack of sleep, but I wanted to get this all down while it's still fresh.
The trip to Bali - yes, it was all I thought that it would be, and more. I had a lot of rest, relaxation, pampering, sight seeing and many insights.
It is the time when we are the most sensitive and we have the most insights, IF we slow down enough to listen.
Well, I was in the perfect place to receive.
And boy, did I receive!
Daily yoga on my balcony and a lot of time to think gives one some amazing insights!
I will share what I wrote in my journal on my last day, in what they call paradise on earth:
- I have learned that I can travel to a foreign country on my own.
- I have learned how to handle and manage my money. I have realised that it takes me much longer than Sohail to get my head around the numbers, conversions and the way of doing it, but that doesn't mean that I can't do it.
- I have learned to trust God the Divine to assist me on my journey.
- I have learned to tap into my intuition more acutely.
- I have learned to be on my own for longer than I anticipated I would need.
- I have realised that a massage is the best thing for stress relief.
What disappointments did I experience on my trip?
- I had a much more ethereal view of Bali and Ubud.I thought that I would land and feel like I was on heaven on earth. Instead, I found a poor country, with good weather and beautiful people. I have seen such beautiful scenery in South Africa, Europe and Australia. I realised that my heaven is in my home more importantly, within me. I do not need to travel to a foreign country to experience heaven. Although I am thrilled that I came and am so much better for the solitude and luxury.
What can I bring back with me?
- I need to go for a New Moon massage every month to relieve the build up of stress and to pamper myself. I need to encourage Sohail to do the same.
- I need to build in luxurious relaxation into our home and into our lives. Our home still feels like a place of work. We need to have a relaxation area inside and outside the home. This must include flowing water, the sound of flowing water is very therapeutic and lacking in our lives.
- I need to start my days with silence. This means that I have to wake up before everyone else. A night time wind down is also important.
- More de cluttering at home.
- Making space for The Divine to provide us with our home that nourishes our spirits.
Thank you God for giving me this trip. I am ready to float back into my beautiful life. I love it. I have no great revelations, just confirmations of what I already know."
And that, my friends, is my Bali experience in a nutshell.
Tonight is the dark moon and the Chinese Year of the Dragon begins tomorrow with the New Moon.
What are you ready to let go of? And what do you wish to manifest in this Year of the Dragon?
I know that my trip has given me much work to do!
Blessings to you.